Dutch Oven Sausage Breakfast PinwheelsPosted by: Dorothy J Cathey | Posted on: October 20, 2017
What about your daily breakfast or other time’s eating habits? Well, I know someone doesn’t have a regular and healthy eating habit which caused many damages to our body and mind. So change your eating habits now that we can live happier and easier. I almost cook food for my families by myself if possible because I hope they can have a wonderful beginning every day. You know what? What they love most is the Dutch oven sausage pinwheels and we often eat it during breakfast time, or for snack, and for dinner.
This Dutch oven recipe is really simple for you to prepare and cook for your families, even when we camp out! The Dutch oven sausage breakfast pinwheels has beautiful appearance and good-looking, of course, amazing taste that you should have a try. The pizza crust inside with baked sausage and cheese that mixed beautiful. So you should have a look at this cook steps and process.
- 2 cans pizza crust
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- I commonly use the 12 inch Dutch oven, so we need to adjust the numbers of charcoal briquettes depends on the Dutch oven’s temperature. So you can buy one same as mine if possible.
- We need 26 charcoal bricks for this.10 for the bottom, 16 for the lid. So the temperature will up to approximately 350 degrees. Light the coals ,making it burning, we also need to spray the inside oven with cooking spray, and we need to prepare the sausage roll at the same time.
- Now I will explain how to cook sausage breakfast rolls. We need to roll out one pizza crust and cut twelve 3-inch rounds with a cookie cutter.
- We can cook sausage in a large skillet, waiting it until get red and small strongly. Then we need to put it out and drain it out with a paper towel.
- We can appropriately fill with sausage and cheese on another pizza crust .
- We also need a layer of jelly after we roll up this long side roll.
- And then pinch the roll closely and tightly. So finally cut this roll into about12 even slices.
- Besides, we need prepare some 3-inch dough on the bottom side of the pinwheel for the maintain of the sausage and cheese and then we can put these rolls onto the Dutch oven.
- When we put down all the rolls ,we cover the lid on Dutch oven and maintain the proper temperature for the oven. Generally, We need to add extra charcoal briquettes on top and bottom of the Dutch oven . and wait it cook for about 30 minutes.
- But we should focus on that we need to check often the last 5 minutes , we can open the lid as few of times as possible to make the dish get more heat in and become more beautiful.
- At last, we can enjoy this dish immediately because the first time we eat it hotly, it becomes much more delicious. Of course, you can serve with maple syrup or honey or nothing.
So do you like this kind of delicious food that makes you feel enjoyable and sweet. The beautiful surface and flavorsome smell can get you a great appetite. Don’t worry to get fat, everyone of us need many energy and nutrition everyday.
I just love cook many kinds Dutch oven recipes that I used to learn from my mother, my grandpa. So I really welcome everyone who are interested in cook can check my Twitter or subscribe my channel.
Whenever we need to shape a good life habits, and besides our Dutch oven recipes I want to introduce a brilliant dish at nest rime. That is Camping Macaroni and Cheese. We really familiar with these two food, the similar bright golden color, even various shapes and tastes. Whatever, this kind of food that I introduce to you can give you a newly experience. Even we have many ways to cook the macaroni and cheese but everyday is a new day ,everything changeable will promote the life qualities.
See you next time! Bye-bye.